Who is Tom Clonan?
Tom Clonan is a proven Equality Champion – Over 25 years of fighting and winning on behalf of the most vulnerable people in Irish society
From peacekeeping in the Middle East to fighting sexual violence in the Irish Armed Forces to tirelessly advocating for people with disabilities – Tom Clonan has spent all of his adult life fighting for others. Tom is a fighter and agent for positive change – Vote Tom Clonan No. 1 in Trinity College Dublin Panel – Senate 2020
About Tom Clonan – Trinity Graduate and Equality Champion
• Trinity Graduate (B.Ed 1987)
• Lecturer in Technological University, Dublin (Political Communication, Ethics, Journalism)
• Journalist (Irish Times Security Analyst – 2001 – 2016, Security Analyst and Columnist, the Journal.ie 2016 – to date)
Insert Picture here – ‘Tom Trusted Irish Media Commentator’ ( Sean O’Rourke and Pat Kenny)
• Carer : Son, Eoghan has Neuro Muscular Disease and is a Wheelchair User
Insert Picture Here – ‘Tom Eoghan Duke Deck Face on Camera’
• Chairman of the Board of Directors, Irish Dogs for the Disabled
• Champion for Women’s Rights in Armed Forces (Ended Decades of Sexual Violence against Female Soldiers in Irish Armed Forces)
• Retired Army Officer : Veteran of Conflict in Ireland and Middle East
• Experienced Israeli Grapes of Wrath – Punitive Operation in South Lebanon which culminated in the Mass Killing of Lebanese Civilians in Qana and the declaration of War on USA by Osama Bin Laden
Experienced in Armed Support Operations to An Garda Siochana during the Troubles – Tom Clonan knows only too well the impact of the Troubles on Trauma and Reconciliation. Tom is an advocate of Irish Neutrality and in a post Brexit Scenario, he is a strong advocate of dialogue and peace-building on this island
• Tom Clonan is a writer and artist who has reflected on conflict and trauma at home and abroad. He is the Author of two Irish Best Sellers – Whistleblower, Soldier, Spy and Blood, Sweat and Tears (Liberties Press, Dublin 2013 and 2014) He has also collaborated with the Dance Theatre Company, Junk Ensemble and has performed in the award winning production ‘Soldier Still’. This work explores trauma, loss and grief and has toured in Ireland and Northern Ireland in 2017 and 2018.
Vote Tom Clonan – No.1 – Seanad Eireann 2020 – Trinity College Dublin
Ireland is entering a period of unprecedented change. We need change in the Senate, TCD Panel. Vote Tom Clonan No. 1 and be the change. Tom is a candidate with unique experience of global citizenship as a peacekeeper in some of the most violent conflicts of the Middle East and Central Europe. Tom is a passionate advocate for Irish Neutrality and for dialogue and peace-building in Ireland in a post-Brexit world.
Tom is a feminist, parent and carer. He has been turning up for over 25 years to fight for the rights of women, the disabled and vulnerable citizens at home and internationally. Tom Clonan is not campaigning for a political party, or for himself. He is campaigning for others. Fighting for the rights of others is what Tom Clonan has been doing all of his adult life. As a fellow Trinity Graduate – Vote for a change in the TCD Panel. Vote for Tom Clonan – a man ahead of his time. Tom Clonan has a unique set of experiences and skill sets that match exactly the challenges that we face as we approach the 100th Anniversary of the Irish Republic