Tom Clonan was elected to Seanad Éireann in March 2022. Tom is a fully Independent Senator - with no links to any political party. Tom's mission - as a Trinity College Dublin Senator - is to hold Government to account. Tom graduated from Trinity College in 1987. For over 25 years, Tom has been a tireless campaigner for the Rights of others - as an Army Whistleblower on Gender Based Violence and as a Parent campaigning for the rights of Disabled Children, Adults and the Elderly. Tom is a strong advocate for Irish Military Neutrality.
Follow Tom on:Tweets by TomClonan
Latest news on Senator Clonan
- Protest on the Ratification of the Optional Protocol of the UNCRPDOn 18 April 2023, Senator Tom Clonan was invited to attend a protest, organised by Physical Impairment Ireland, calling for the Ratification of the Optional Protocol of the UN Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Watch Tom’s contribution at the protest on Instagram: Tom CIonan on Instagram: “V Proud to Stand in Solidarity … Read more
- Senator Tom Clonan on special speech and language classes for pupilsOn 28 March 2023, Senator Tom Clonan addressed the Minister of State at the Department of Education and Skills in Seanad Éireann. Senator Clonan pursued the Minister to increase the allowance for special language classes for pupils with specific speech and language disorder.
- Senator Tom Clonan supports Trinity PhD researcher’s protest for a living wage“I know what it’s like to be a PhD student who is working full time to make a contribution to science, to the humanities, to our society. The work that you do is absolutely invaluable.” On Thursday 23 March 2023, PhD researchers from Trinity College Dublin held a protest in front of Leinster House. They … Read more
- Nursing homes strategy ‘proactively targeted the most vulnerable’Listen to Independent Senator, Tom Clonan discuss the reports suggesting successive Taoisigh and health ministers agreed a secret plan to hide the true scale of the State’s liability for illegal nursing home charges to prevent massive payouts on The Hard Shoulder on Newstalk. Or read the transcript here:Kieran from The Hard Shoulder:Let me introduce Tom … Read more
- Indpendent Senator Tom Clonan asks all Members of Parliament to push for the ratification of the Optional Protocol of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with DisabilitiesIn light of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities, watch Independent Senator Tom Clonan ask all Members of Parliament to push for the ratification of the Optional Protocol of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, in order to improve disabled Irish citizens daily reality.
- Senator Tom Clonan speaking about “Supports for Parents of Children in Foster Care”Watch Independent Senator Tom Clonan speak and ask questions about the supports for parents of children in foster care on the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth on the 29 November 2022.